We welcome questions, comments, feedback and ideas. Users should be aware that comments are monitored and moderated, according to stated rules, and that all posted comments are in the public domain.
- know that they are responsible for everything they submit in their comment(s);
- not include personal information in their comment(s);
- ensure that their comments are respectful and relevant to the conversation.
We expect that conversations will follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse.
The Canada.ca site does not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right to refuse, edit or remove any of the following:
- comments contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening messages
- serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- comments that encourage or suggest illegal activity
- messages where the sender is not the author (nor the copyright holder, if applicable), and/or posted anonymously or by robot accounts
- announcements, solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, political, labour, commercial or non-governmental organizations and agencies
- attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency
- announcements from labour or political organizations
- messages written in a language other than English or French
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages
The moderating and posting of comments will occur during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted as soon as possible.
We cannot commit to replying to all comments that are posted, but will respond when appropriate.
- Date modified: