The Tribunal is committed to providing all parties with a fair, impartial, transparent, and timely appeal process, and to delivering high-quality services to Canadians.
To meet its commitments and to continuously improve its services, the Tribunal welcomes feedback from parties, stakeholders, and members of the public.
How to share your feedback
If you have comments, suggestions, or complaints regarding the services you received from the Tribunal, you can tell us what happened, what we did well, or how we could improve our services.
Please complete the Feedback Form (PDF, 1486 KB) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to:
Social Security Tribunal of Canada
Attention: The Chairperson
PO Box 9812 Station T
Ottawa, ON K1G 6S3
If you need help completing the Feedback Form, please contact us by telephone between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, from Monday to Friday:
- Toll-free, from within Canada and the USA, at 1-877-227-8577 or,
- Collect, if from outside Canada and the USA, at 613-437-1640
Important information about the feedback
- Please note that this process cannot be used to change a Tribunal member’s decision. If you want to challenge the Tribunal’s decision, you must follow the appeal process.
- Please do not include in your feedback any personal information other than what is asked on the Feedback Form.
- Please provide your current contact information so that the Tribunal can contact you.
- Please note that anonymous feedback will not be considered.
- If you are writing about a Tribunal member, the Tribunal will normally follow up on your feedback after your appeal is completed and the decision has been issued.
- The Tribunal does not address complaints:
- that concern another government department or body (e.g. the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada, the Canada Employment Insurance Commission)
- that concern the service you received from a representative, lawyer, notary, etc.
- that are deemed frivolous or vexatious
Once the Tribunal receives your feedback, it will:
- send you an acknowledgment letter within 5 business days;
- consider your comments, suggestions, or complaints and determine what measures are required, if any; and
- where appropriate, investigate the situation and provide a written response within 30 business days.
- Date modified: