Contact the Social Security Tribunal
Note: The Social Security Tribunal does not process:
- One-time payments to persons with disabilities. Visit the Government of Canada’s dedicated webpage for details and contact information.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefits (CERB). To apply for CERB, visit the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website.
- For more general information about CERB, call the automated help line at 1-833-966-2099
- To speak to a CRA agent about CERB, call 1-800-959-8281
- Employment Insurance initial applications. You can apply for these benefits through MyAccount on the Service Canada website.
If you phone us, please leave us a message! We’ll call you back within one hour during regular business hours. We can’t answer the phone when it rings because we’re working at a distance due to COVID-19.
We provide service in English and French.
Social Security Tribunal of Canada
PO Box 9812
Ottawa, ON K1G 6S3
Note: The fastest way to send us information is by email. To avoid delays, please send us your documents in a format we can open.
From 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time - Monday to Friday:
1-877-227-8577 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
613-437-1640 (from outside Canada and the United States, call collect)
1-855-814-4117 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
1-613-941-5121 (long distance charges may apply)
For those who are deaf or hard of hearing
1-866-873-8381 (toll-free in Canada and the United States)
1-613-948-8181 (from outside Canada and the United States, call collect)
Mail or email from the Tribunal
We will send you important information about your appeal, such as hearing date, deadlines and decisions. You should open and answer letters or emails from us as soon as possible.
You must tell us if your contact information changes.
- Date modified: