Innovation at the Social Security Tribunal
We are always finding innovative ways to make the appeal process simpler, faster and more accessible for Canadians.
- Faster processing at the General Division [January 2020]
We’re always working to help Canadians access justice quickly, and we just hit a new record.
- Navigator service for Canada Pension Plan Disability appeals [November 2019]
We now have a navigator service for some Canada Pension Plan Disability appeals – because most people who have appeals at the Tribunal are unrepresented.
- Alternative dispute resolution: a different way to resolve your appeal [September 2019]
We are now offering another way to resolve Appeal Division appeals without a hearing.
- Plain language: it’s about access to justice [June 2019]
We want the appeal process to be accessible to everyone, so we’re cutting down on legalese by using plain language.
- Better support for appellants [June 2019]
People appealing a decision may be going through a difficult time, so we’ve partnered with an independent helpline to provide a little extra support.
- We now offer RSS feeds [May 2019]
We are making it easier to stay on top of newly-published decisions and other changes and improvements at the Tribunal.
- Hearings now scheduled sooner at the Appeal Division [May 2019]
We’ve cut the time it takes to get to your Appeal Division hearing by 45 days in most cases.
- Get started faster at the Appeal Division [April 2019]
Now that appeals are getting started faster at the General Division, we’re making sure appeals to the Appeal Division get underway faster too.
- Publishing more General Division decisions [March 2019]
We’ve made changes to ensure we publish the decisions that are the most useful for Canadians.
- Form of hearing: now your choice [January 2019]
Now, in most cases, we will schedule the form of hearing you ask for.
- An easier process to start your appeal [December 2018]
Less complicated requirements mean more appeals will get moving faster.
- New and improved forms [August 2018]
The Notice of Appeal and Leave to Appeal forms have been redesigned to be more user-friendly. They are shorter, are written in plainer language, and even include tips on how to submit an appeal.
- List of organizations that can help [May 2018]
We added a directory of organizations that can help you with the appeals process.
- Date modified: